Wednesday 6 December 2017

Beautiful distraction

I can't remember why but I decided to treat myself to the Millefiori Quilts book without knowing much about it except it's all English paper piecing (EPP) and the front cover quilt is stunning.


The book is lovely just to look through. There's an interesting section on the author at the front and it's in French and English.

Now I own the book I also know that the shapes are small


On average the sides seem to be no longer than an inch.


There are pages of instructions for each of the quilts which require hundreds, or even thousands of shapes.


And finally it's not only the front cover quilt which is stunning, all of them are in my opinion.

I also know I want to make at least one of them, can't decide which one, and I need to get my brave pants on.  Luckily this should suit my crafting style in that a quilt will take years to complete!

This book is definitely distracting me from what I should be doing and I'm still only at the browsing and deciding stage.

No comments: