Friday 23 May 2014

Loopy sock knitting

It seems that many crafters have a small portable project for when they're out and about.  I've found that sock knitting is often my portable project, especially now I've got a climbing chalk bag to carry it round in.

My current project is a plain pair of socks but for the first time I'm using the magic loop technique.


It took a while to get used to it and I'm still finding managing the loops tricky but I think it may be something I will use again.  Although all I've managed to find so far on the internet are basic sock patterns using the magic loop technique, I know it's probably possible to adapt any pattern to this technique eventually but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.  If there are any other sock knitters out there can you recommend any sources of magic loop sock patterns?  I always enjoy practising my new tricks a few times.

No comments: