Sunday 4 March 2012

Hen Party

Slightly less crafting than usual took place this weekend as I spent Saturday at my friend's Hen Party.  There was a twist on the traditional going out pubbing and clubbing and instead we attended a cookery class for the day.


First up was cupcake (fairy cake) decorating...
All enhanced with edible glitter!


And then we set about cooking a 3 course Caribbean themed meal...
This was the coconut and bean soup simmering nicely.  We also made jerk seasoned quorn pasties (using really simple flaky type pastry) with jerk peppers and tomatoes.  Followed by milk chocolate ganache tart.  I had intended to take photos of the finished items but I was so hungry and they were so nice that I had eaten my meal before I remembered (imagine an embarrassed face here). 


All in all it was a good way to spend a day.

1 comment:

Impera Magna said...

What a fun way to spend the day... glad you had so much fun!