Tuesday 27 March 2012

A (Bright) Blast from the Past

Whilst up in Scotland my mum unearthed an English paper pieced quilt top we made together many years ago for my sister.  I tacked the hexies around the paper templates and my mum sewed all the hexies together.  Removing the papers at the end was a major group effort!


(Whilst trying to take a decent photo of this top I was kicking myself for not taking advantage of this evening's gloriously sunny weather to show it at its best!)


We made the quilt a generous single size, which as my sister now likes a double bed, is too small for her bed.  But fear not this is not destined to languish unfinished forever.  We've decided to back it with a fleece fabric so she can use it as a blanket for lazing on the sofa or for extra warmth in the winter.  Hopefully I'll get this backed and quilted in the very near future as it's a shame to keep something so cheerful hidden away.

2 comments:

Sana Saroti said...

wow! What a rainbow of hexies! Why was it not finished back then?

Vicki said...

I think it was a combination of lack of backing fabric and my going to university (possibly combined with the urge to start another quilt).