Wednesday 25 January 2012

New Major Knitting Project

Towards the end of last year, following a particularly enjoyable knitting course with Debbie Abrahams and heedless of the number of unstarted projects sat in my crafting storage, I signed up for Debbie's Mystery Blanket.


The first instalment arrived last weekend and I've so far resisted starting it, but I haven't been able to resist opening it and looking at the patterns and trying to get my head round the techniques.  It seems a little bizarre that we're using pure wool and wool cotton but I'll trust it works; Debbie's previous mystery blankets are gorgeous.


I have a feeling that I may have to try out a tension square this weekend, don't want to get behind! But the mittens must be finished first before any serious blanket knitting commences (we'll see how long this resolution lasts!). 

No comments: