Thursday 19 January 2012

Friday Night Sew In and Quilting Group

The first FNSI of the year is very nearly upon us and I have plenty to keep me busy.  I'm planning on buying pizza for dinner and working on the purple batik quilt until it's to late to disturb the neighbours with my sewing machine and then there's a little knitting I need to finish off!


If you wish to join in with the Friday Night Sew In you can sign up at crafty vegas mom's blog


And now you've done that let me tell you about my first experience at a quilting group.  I've been looking for a group to join to benefit from the experience of others, whether at a talk or a sewing night and I decided to give Bath Quilters a go.  I turned up ridiculously late due to my ever creative sat nav (it needs to buck its ideas up else its being replaced by one that has a sense of direction!) and it was their AGM but it seems like a good group with lots of interesting talks coming up and really talented members - the UFOs they displayed and the finished quilts were stunning.  Unfortunately not being great at checking my diary in advance I've since found out I'm going to miss the next two talk nights (which I'm somewhat annoyed about but I will be visiting family instead so not all bad!) but I will be going to their sewing meetings and hoping it helps get my brother's quilt finished.  


Oh and it's an added bonus that I won two raffle prizes...
a pair of Bezier snips in a case and a pack of 2 inch squares.

No comments: