Saturday 14 January 2012

Batik Quilt

Started a quilt destined for my little sister today.  I'm using the Paradise Batik Wave Quilt from Moda Bake Shop.  As my sister has/will have a purple bedroom I'm using a Bali Pop (2 1/2 inch strips) in Plum Pudding.


After spending the rest of the day turning 6 yards of black fabric into 2.5 inch and 4.5 inch strips I'm kinda wishing I'd bought some pre-cut black strips too!


I'm looking forward to how this quilt turns out.  It's going to be a 96x96 inch monster!  I figured out this afternoon that 6 yards of black fabric wasn't going to be quite enough! 


Strip piecing planned for tomorrow.  I'd love to have this quilt finished by March when I'll next see my sister - fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Impera Magna said...

What lovely purples.... looking forward to watching your progress!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

LOVE the purples!!! That's one lucky sister!!! I don't envy you cutting 6 yards of fabric into strips... good luck. Look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Maria said...

Beautiful purple quilt top. I am sure you will get it finished and your sister will love it.